Monday, February 8, 2010

Marbury wins first CBA game

Yay! Poop.

And now I will officially stop talking about this for the next four days.

UPDATE: Anita Chang of the Associated Press got access to Marbury before last Wednesday's game. Here are some of the things he told her:

HOW ENDED UP IN CHINA: "It was an opportunity to allow my brand to grow in a different distribution channel," he said, referring to his Starbury line of low-priced athletic shoes and clothing. "And I wanted to get back onto the basketball court."

ON KEEPING HIS IMAGE: "You got over 300 million kids that love basketball, so you can't beat that," he said. "I don't think people are all aware of that in the United States."

THIS IS NEW: SAYS TEAM OWNER WANG XINGJIANG: "He's helping me with the team, I can help him in business. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford him," said Wang, sitting in one of the more than a dozen faded armchairs and loveseats lining the sideline that make up the VIP section at Binhe Sports Arena. "He wants to promote his shoes and I want to be his agent in China."

AND FINALLY: "I'm going to let the chips fall where they may," Marbury said about his future in basketball. "This was something that I'm happy that I did ... I'm getting an opportunity to find myself and it's like a retreat also because I'm in a peaceful environment. I'm focused on one thing and that's playing basketball."

No comments: